The Present Church Building

The current building was erected in 1811 to a design by John Brash on the site of earlier 13/14th-century and 17th-century churches – for more details on the early church in Dumbarton, through the Reformation, and the construction of the building we worship in, see our history pages.

Bert Wilson has compiled some interesting details about the church steeple, clock & bell
click here for the full story

For the background to the Millennium Window above the main doors at Riverside, click here.

For further information about our church building and the church yard, please follow these links:

http://www.scotlandschurchestrust.org.uk/church/riverside-parish-church-dumbarton

http://www.clydewaterfront.com/clyde-heritage/dumbarton/dumbarton-riverside-parish-church

http://canmore.rcahms.gov.uk/en/site/42352/details/dumbarton+high+street+riverside+parish+church/

http://www.britishlistedbuildings.co.uk/sc-24885-high-street-dumbarton-riverside-parish-ch/photos

http://hsewsf.sedsh.gov.uk/pls/htmldb/f?p=2200:15:0::::BUILDING,HL:24885,Riverside%20Dumbarton

http://www.geograph.org.uk/article/Dumbarton-Cemetery#the-parish-churchyard